Please go to our new website here: http://www.ptrnnebraska.com/!!
Fundamental Approaches to Working with Transgender Individuals and their Families is an interactive conference with break-out sessions for professionals seeking an increased understanding of working with transgender individuals and their families.
Date: Saturday March 3rd, 2012
Registration: 9:30 – 10:00 AM
Conference: 10 AM – 3 PM (Lunch provided)
Location: All Saints Episcopal Church
9302 Blondo Street, Omaha
Registration deadline: MARCH 1ST 2012 (5 PM)
To REGISTER: go to http://www.ryansallans.com/ptrn.html
- Fluidity of Sex and Gender
- Transgender History in the United States
- Current Research Findings affecting the Transgender Community
- Policies and the Law
- Medical Communities Standards and Policies
- Mental Health Standards and Policies
- Questions and Discussion
12:00-12:45 Lunch and Screening of Documentary
12:55 – 1:45 Breakouts
- Current Status of Legal Issues
- Working with Gender Creative Kids
1:55 – 2:45 Breakouts
- When a Family Member Transitions
- Medical Aspects of Transitioning
2:45-3:00 Wrap up/Q&A/How to get involved
Presenters are members of the Professional Transgender Resource Network and include expertise in academic, mental health, medical and legal practices.
For more info: email@example.com
Here you’ll find providers working toward higher understanding and commitment to the transgender and transsexual communities in Nebraska.